Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fairy Babies

I can't believe that there are only a few more days left of September. It seems like just a blink ago the kids were starting back to school and it still felt like summer. It is definitely fall here in Wyoming now. The mornings are so crisp and the leaves have started turning a few days ago. Our neighbors apple tree was so loaded this year it could barely hold it's branches up. They were kind enough to share their bounty with me, so I have been busy making applesauce, pie filling and even drying a few.

 Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the slower pace after the crazy business of summer. I have spent my last few mornings on our back porch. Curled up under an old quilt and enjoying a steaming cup of hot tea and savoring the smells of fall and the beautiful colors that are starting to emerge. I sat so quietly comtemplating this morning that a doe and her fawn walked through my back yard only a few feet away and never even noticed me. How can a day go anything but perfect when you start a morning out like that?

I haven't given up on my last Treasure Keeper doll but I needed to put her aside for a couple of weeks while I gear up for my fall craft sales that I participate in. I try to keep most of the larger more elaborate dolls to sell online as I find that the local shoppers love my smaller and sometimes simpler dolls. That works out great for me since I am able to do more of them with the limited time I have. I am almost finished with the batch of fall fairy babies that I will show at the craft fairs. Then I plan to work up a few Christmas ornaments. I am still working on the design of the ornaments but I'll share a sneak peak as soon as I get all the technical type stuff worked out of them. I am thinking more of a Victorian/Edwardian theme of ornaments this year. I think it is because of all the time I have been spending on the Treasure Keeper trio of dolls.

Here is a peek at some of the sleeping fairy babies, I have a few of them on my Etsy shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment