Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Weirdness


 I love material so much that sometimes I just take it off my shelves and look at all of the gorgeous colors and patterns in it. Yeah, I am major weird that way. but at least it's a healthy weird (if there is such a thing as healthy weird) I think it goes back to my love of any medium of art and of colors.

 I was doing a little back to school shopping for the kids yesterday and got to the Crayon section. I couldn't help but open one of the boxes and look at all of those gorgeous colors, and the smell of a box of new crayons! Imediately in my head I was right back in one of those tiny little desks on the first day of school with my new box of crayons and a big sheet of white paper in front of me thinking "what do I want to create?" the possibilities.............  By the way, the smell of a new tub of Playdough does the same thing for me.  Like I mentioned earlier, I'm just weird that way.

Shhh, don't tell my kids but I bought a box just for me,and as you can see I've used them already too! I snuck out in the back yard and colored when they thought I was hanging clothes, so they left me alone in fear of being put to work. I played with my crayons sketching the landscape in total bliss for a full 20 minutes until the phone rang. Reality checks, Hate them!!!!

Oh, if you are going to buy a box for yourself. Splurge and get the real thing CRAYOLA. I felt guilty and bought the generic brand, Yuck, they are almost all wax and no pigment. I ended up scraping off layers of wax with my fingernail trying to get to the paper.

2 comments:

  1. Holy catfish! You are a wonderful artist! I envy your ability to create something like this landscape. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! While I was working on it I half expected the neighbors to call the police to report a crazy lady crawling through the bushes in her backyard with a box full of crayons. I found it was actually pretty freeing using the crayons since there is no pressure to create anything worth saving with a medium like that. I plan on using them more often.

      Delete